January 9, 2020 by admin
Nausea and vomiting are very common. This usually occurs in the first 12 weeks, but can last longer. Your baby will be fine, even if you cannot eat very much during this time. The goal is to prevent dehydration.
- Eat 5-6 small meals a day, increasing protein
- Avoid spicy or greasy foods and anything that is hard to digest
- Separate solids from liquids
- Eat crackers one half hour before getting out of bed
- Can try teas… raspberry, ginger, etc and ginger root capsules
- Emetrol, Dramamine, and Meclizine are safe to use
- Increase fluids
- Acupuncture, meditation, and massage therapy can be used
- Call if you cannot tolerate anything by mouth and keep appointments so that you and your doctor can discern if weight loss is dangerous or dehydration is occurring.